5 March 2021
Who we are
Mltpl Technologies Limited ("Mltpl", “our”, “us” or “we”) is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 13004754) at Brixton Bouse, Brixton, London SW9 8GL.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR (as defined in section 3(10) (as supplemented by section 205(4)) of the same Act) Mltpl is the controller and can be contacted as follows:
63-66 Hatton Garden, Fifth Floor, Suite 23, London, EC1N 8LE, United Kingdom
Mltpl operates https://mltpl.tech and offers the Mltpl Platform (as defined our Terms of Service) which can be used to obtain Reports (as defined our Terms of Service) for an initial valuation of a UK Company. Access to the Mltpl Platform and the provision of the Reports ("Services") requires the processing of certain personal data about the representatives of our customers ("you", "your").
This policy applies to our processing of such personal data. Please read it carefully to understand the types of personal data we collect, how we use such personal data, the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties, and your rights in relation to personal data about you.
Personal data we collect
Personal data we need to deliver, manage and improve our Services – justified on the basis of our legitimate interests.
You will be asked to provide us with some basic information so that we can set you up with an account and so that we can manage this account. We will ask you to provide some contact information so that we can reach out to you if that is necessary in relation to our Services. We will also use the same information to respond to any queries you may have in relation to our Services. We will continuously improve our Services on the basis of any relevant information that you decide to provide to us.
The information we need to deliver, manage and improve our Services typically includes a user name and a password, your name, corporate email address, phone number and any feedback about our Services that you decide to provide.
Personal data we need to promote and advertise our Services – justified on the basis our legitimate business interests.
We may approach you offline or online (for example on social media or via email) and inquire whether the organisation you represent is interested in our Services. We will use whatever information you have decided to publish on your, say, LinkedIn profile, to do that. We will also use whatever information you have decided to share with us offline by way of, say, exchanging business cards, to do that.
We will contact you if you fill in any of the web forms on https://mltpl.tech. When we do that we will use the contact details you have decided to provide in the relevant form.
We will send you our e-newsletter if you subscribe for it. We will use your name and email address to do that.
Personal data about others that you give to us – justified on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
In order to use some of our Services, you may need to provide us with information about others, such as your own customers for example. Where that is the case, we will rely on you to inform the concerned individuals that their data is being transferred over to us and to seek their authorisation for such transfer, where required by law.
Personal data available in the public domain that we need to process in order to deliver, manage and improve our Services – justified on the basis of our legitimate interests.
In order to deliver some of our Services, we may need to process information available in the public domain, such as on the Companies House website for example. Such information would typically concern others, such as your own customers for example. Where that is the case, we will rely on you to inform the concerned individuals (when you know who they are) that their data is being retrieved by us from the public domain, where required by law.
Personal data we need to receive third party services – justified on the basis of our legitimate interests.
If the organisation you represent is our supplier (as opposed to customer) we will ask you to provide us with some basic information so that we can receive and pay for the services your organisation provides. Such information typically includes your name, corporate email address and phone number.
Information generated when you browse htts://mltpl.tech – justified on the basis of your consent.
When you visit https://mltpl.tech certain technical information about the device you use to access https://mltpl.tech that may identify you will be generated by "cookies", web-beacons and other similar tracking technologies. Please see the "cookies" section below for the technical details about this type of data processing. Please use the "cookies" banner on https://mltpl.tech to exercise your choice regarding accepting or rejecting cookies.
Disclosures of personal data
We will treat your information as confidential information and so shall our suppliers do. We use various technological solutions providers in order to deliver, manage, improve, promote and advertise our Services. Our suppliers are prohibited from using personal data for any purpose other than the delivery of their services to us. Nevertheless, depending on their type, our suppliers may have limited access to your information. These providers include our cloud storage providers, customer relationship management systems providers, email services providers, social media companies, analytics providers and others who assist us in promoting, delivering, managing and improving our Services and our https://mltpl.tech.
In addition, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Purpose of disclosure
- if we buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller of such business or assets
- legitimate interests (to enable the acquired business to offer services to our customers)
- if Mltpl or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information about our customers' representatives will be one of the transferred assets
- legitimate interests (to allow the prospective buyers to provide you the Services)
- if we need to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mltpl, our customers, or others, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as professional advisors and official authorities
- legitimate interests (to enforce our rights)
we may disclose your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world where compelled to do so. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Exports outside the EEA or the UK
Your personal information will be stored electronically on computer systems located in the United Kingdom and managed by our suppliers. In certain limited circumstances your personal information may be accessed by staff, stored with or transferred by our suppliers in, a destination outside the United Kingdom ("UK") or the European Economic Area ("EEA") in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the UK or the EEA.
Regardless of location, we will impose data protection safeguards similar to those that we deploy inside the UK and the EEA. Where required by applicable law, we will transfer your personal information subject to European Commission and UK Information Commissioner's Office approved contractual terms that impose equivalent data protection obligations directly on the recipient. Please contact us if you would like further details of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal data.
How long we retain personal data about you
We will hold personal data about you for as long as is necessary in order to conduct the processing detailed above, deal with any specific issues that may raise, or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body. Please note some personal data may need to be retained for up to six years to ensure Mltpl can comply with applicable laws and internal compliance procedures.
We restrict access to your personal information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised information may be retained indefinitely) or securely destroyed.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the personal risk or harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purpose for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under the UK GDPR, you have various rights in relation to personal data about you that we process. All of these rights can be exercised by contacting us at the email address specified above.
You have the right to:
- be informed (of the processing);
- access (such information);
- rectification (of inaccurate information);
- erasure (of such information);
- restrict processing (in certain cases);
- object to profiling;
- data portability (in certain cases);
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- withdraw consent (if we have collected your personal information on this basis).
Detailed information on the full content of your rights (and any conditions that may apply) is provided by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office and is available on their website: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
Asking us to stop processing your personal data or deleting your personal data will likely mean that you the organisation you represent will no longer able to use our Services, or at least those aspects of the Services which require the processing of the types of personal data you have asked us to delete.
While we will not sell personal data about you (or any other data you provide us with) to third-parties, we reserve the right to share any data which has been anonymised. You acknowledge and accept that we own all right, title and interest in and to any derived data or aggregated and/or anonymised data collected or created by us.
https://mltpl.tech uses "cookies". Some of these are essential or functional, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used. We may also use "cookies" for advertising. Some "cookies" and similar technologies, particularly those that track browsing behavior across the web are perceived by data protection regulators as privacy-intrusive. We are, therefore, presenting the below information to https://mltpl.tech visitors in order to explain why and how we use this technology. "Cookies" work with the help of certain online identifiers and typically involve the processing of the following information that is considered personal data:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses;
- Device or mobile IDs and/or device model and type;
- Browser information, operating system information, and/or language preferences;
- The location and the preceding and succeeding websites you have visited, including which pages/part/icons on https://mltpl.tech you interacted with;
- Applications you click on and how often; and
- The pages of https://mltpl.tech you visit, and how long you spend on each page.
Lawful grounds for processing
For the purposes of data protection law, we use the following justifications to process your online identifiers derived from "cookies":
- We use "cookies" for the correct, efficient and viable delivery of online content. The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest (that are to ensure the availability of https://mltpl.tech.
- We use "cookies" for the analysis and optimisation of https://mltpl.tech's performance and engagement. The processing is necessary for the purpose of improving our services and is subject to your permission (consent).
- We use "cookies" for the delivery (including via third parties) of targeted advertising tailored to your interests. The processing is necessary for the purpose of promoting our services and is subject to your permission (consent).
Please exercise your choice with respect to accepting or rejecting "cookies" via the pop-up on https://mltpl.tech.
In addition to the controls provided on https://mltpl.tech via the pop-up, you can choose to block "cookies" by activating the settings on your browser that allow you to refuse the setting of all or some "cookies". However, if you use your browser settings to block all "cookies" (including essential "cookies") you may not be able to access parts of https://mltpl.tech. Your browser settings also allow you to delete all "cookies" stored on your device whenever you wish.
The UK Information Commissioner's Office provides the following guidance on controlling "cookies":
- A number of websites provide detailed information on "cookies", including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out "cookies" across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use it.
- Some browsers include a feature known as "Do Not Track" or DNT. This allows you to indicate a preference that websites should not track you. However, whilst DNT is available in many browsers, websites are not required to recognise its request, so it may not always work. You can get help on how to use DNT in Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.
- For more information on how private browsing works as well as its limitations, visit the support pages for your browser: Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari (IOS (mobile) and desktop).
Additional steps you can take to protect your privacy online
If you are concerned about online tracking then we can recommend you to:
- Set your browser settings to delete all "cookies" every time you close your browser.
- Consider adopting Global Privacy Control;
- Install a privacy-friendly browser on your device, such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Brave;
- Install anti-tracking and ad-blocking plug-ins on that browser, such as Ad Block Plus, Ghostery or PrivacyBadger; and
- Use privacy-friendly web search engines, such as Ecosia or DuckDuckGo.
Changes to this policy